Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Died and gone to craft heaven

All hale the craft goddess!
The last time I was in Michael's was when I was the MOH for my friend's wedding and I was there to get last minute double-sided boobie fabric tape. That was a year ago. Now I'm here to attempt my first DIY project.

I wandered the aisles for an hour before putting anything in my basket because I was so distracted by all the wonderful colors of yarn, sparkly knick-knacks, baskets galore, and every single type of glue under the sun.

Did you know that Tori spelling has a line of DIY jewelry at Michael's? And *gasp* it's actually a pretty good idea and the jewelry was kinda cute in that jersey-shore-i-like-claire's type of way. (And I do.)

The DIY project I want to do is create a special hanger for my wedding dress photo. I picked up 16 gauge wire but really needed 12 or 14 gauge wire. Total fail. I also picked up some stickers for my photobooth photo album, 15 rolls of discounted ribbon (70% off!!), and jewels & glue to bedazzle my wedding shoes.

I seriously stopped myself from going haywire and getting all the embroidery thread in there. I hope my DIY project goes well. Eek. This may be my 1 and only DIY project...so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment